Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Is your weight loss goal realistic?

So those of you that have been following my blog have read that I have switched my weightloss goal to a fitness goal since I have PCOS and an underactive thyroid. The inches are coming off and I have been builiding lean muscles since I have started working out and drinking my Body By Vi Shakes but my weight just seems to fluctuate. Super annoying for a girl that is partly scale obsessed switching my goal has been good (still checking the scale but as long as my pants keeping getting loser and loser I haven't broken the scale for being mean to me).

For those of you that have heard of the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge I think this article is great. First of, if you haven't, I want to explain that the 90 Day Challenge is not about you picking a unrealistic goal of dropping 150 pounds in 90 Days and your life doing a complete 180. No the man or woman of your dreams is not guaranteed to show up in those 90 Days or your spouse that you are having problems with won't suddenly realize how lucky they and that you suddenly will be guaranteed a six figure income. 

I will say that I have heard of some people achieving some very high weightloss goal and there are a few people who became promoters and within 90 days are making a very, very lucrative income and have quit their day job. It is possible so I dont want anyone to get discouraged some of us take longer to get to that goal than others and that is ok, our journey is just meant to be different.

If you have a big weight loss goal start with a mini goal. Even a small change can have a big impact on your health. A good first goal is to lose 10% of your current weight. I would like to loose 60 lbs evenutally if I narrowed it down to 10% of my body weight that would be 19 pounds. That goal is a lot smaller and easier to achieve. Set up little rewards as you reach your mini goal. One thing to avoid though is to make your reward around food. What is one thing that you love but dont get to do very often or that you have wanted to buy but have put off for one reason or another. Those are great rewards. 

Make a change you can live with. I love my Body By Vi shakes so that is something I can live with. I get the protein I need plus fiber and a bunch of other vitamins and minerals I know I am missing in my daily diet. For me that is an easy change. That may or may not be you. This might be somehting more like adding more lean proteins, would you be able to comfortably adding more vegtables to your diet, or getting rid of soda (one of my weaknesses). This would be personal to you so dont let others tell you what you should or should do or give up. Only you know what you will be able to live with and stick with. 

Realisticly you may not loose every week or you may not reach your exact goal. Take stock. If you lost half a pound or didnt gain this week isn't that better than gaining half a pound. If you did gain weight is it because you started lifting weights and you gained a little muscle and have noticed that your clothes are looser but the scales said you gained a pound. Every day that you keep trying and push forward and not let your little slips discourage you from moving forward is a win. 


Interested in joining me on my 90 Day Challenge? http://lanischweitzer.myvi.net

No comments:

Post a Comment