Sunday, November 11, 2012

Why Diet and Exercise are Both important

I at one point have tried just dieting....than just exercising. Actually I just exercised while eating everything I wanted. I find that if I just diet but dont eat the right foods I am actaully starving most the day. I hope I am not the only one who has done this.....

So looking up other results I have found an article that discusses this. The article I found discusses a study she found that had 400 women participants between the ages of 50-75. They were broken down into four groups, diet only, exercise only, both, and those that did nothing. The study lasted a year which is I think great because how many of us loose weight in the first few weeks of our program just to turn around a quit long before we get to a year right.

The results were exercise only lost 2.4% of there starting weight, diet only 8.5%, both lost an everage of 10.8%.  Those that were the highest in that category also kept a food journal.

You dont have to make a big change to start but making one small change well lead to another. My small change was adding the Body By Vi protein drinks and than I slowly made another and than another.

Its not how you start but how you finish. Here's a link to the article if you want more information http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=both_diet_and_exercise_are_important_for_weight_loss_success

Ready to start the challenge?? http://lanischweitzer.myvi.net


No comments:

Post a Comment