Thursday, October 25, 2012

How much protein do you really need?

This is a common question along with why do I need so much. There is no magic number that fits everyone across the board but my dietician told me the best way to figure out what you need as individual is to take your current weight and multiply it by 0.3. That means if you are 200 lbs you would take 200x0.3 and your total would be 60 grams. This number changes as you loose weight so make so as your weight goes down you will need less, and of course the opposite is true if you gain weight you will need more.

Why do you need protein? To make sure that while you are loosing weight you loose fat and keep your muscle mass. It is also the building block of every cell in your body. It is needed for virtually every function in your body and half the protein you consume goes to energy for your body. 

Not getting enough lean protein. Want a fun way to increase your protein and loose weight?
I am currently doing the 90 Day Challenge with Body By Vi and despite my under active thyroid and my PCOS I am loosing weight, loosing inches, and have more energy. Regardless and what you choose make sure you are getting enough lean protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment